460-W12 Stadium Safety Wall Padding
Mancino recognizes that stadium padding is that all-important, highly visible, final touch that completes your stadium construction. Our attention to detail and additional product features help to assure athlete safety while conforming to the design objectives of your project.
Mancino outdoor stadium pads differs from your typical indoor wall padding starting from the base layer. An exterior treated backer board called Extira® is used as the backer to help resist mold and mildew, it has 3” 1.8-lb/ cu. ft. x 65 IFD laminated to it and then is covered in a UV rated vinyl. This product meets the ASTM standard 2440-04 for impact attenuation.
All dimensions can be customized to your specifications. You may choose from a range of installation methods listed.
For dramatic changes to your stadium’s walls. let our in-house graphics department bring your wall to life with large-scale printing. At Mancino, your project is our passion. Visit our wall padding portfolio to see some our our work.
A. Basis-of-Design Product: Subject to compliance with requirements. Provide Mancino Manufacturing Company model 460-W12
B. Padded Stadium wall wainscot panels designed to be attached in a continuous row; each panel consist of a 3-inch- foam filler laminated to Extira® exterior treated paneling and covered with a 17.5 oz. Class “A” Flame retardant vinyl laminated polyester on full surface, sides, ends, and including all wood edges with the bottom vinyl edge having #3 brass grommets weep holes inserted along it. All vinyl is securely stapled to the back of the Extira® backer board. #3 brass grommets for weep holes along bottom edge each panel to allow for air flow and the release of any moisture or condensation buildup under the covering fabric
- Backer Board: Not less than 1/2-inch- (12.7-mm-) optional 3/4-inch- (19.05-mm-) Extira® exterior treated paneling. Moisture resistant as measured by ASTM D1037 for water absorption and thickness swelling. Rot resistant as measured by AWPA E-16 field test for evaluation of wood preservatives to be used out of ground contact: Horizontal lap-joint method. And termite resistant as measured by AWPA E-7 standard method of evaluating wood preservatives by field tests with stakes. SCS certified no added urea formaldehyde. Made with sustainable materials. This portion of the product contributes toward satisfying Credit IEQ 4.4, and Credit MR 4 under LEED
- Foam Filler: Not less than 3-inch- (76.2-mm-) thick polyurethane foam filler, with a density of 1.8-lb/ ft3 (28-kg/ m3) x 65 IFD. Meets the ASTM standard 2440-04 Impact attenuation where the panel has achieved ratings below 1000 HIC and 200 g max.
- Vinyl Covering: 17.5-oz. / yd2 (593-g/ m3) Vinyl Laminated Polyester – made with wick and craze resistant polyester weft-inserted warp knit scrim. Exceptional UV, water, and mildew resistant. #3 brass grommets for weep holes along bottom edge each panel to allow for air flow to aid in the release of any moisture or condensation. Achieving NFPA-701 CSFM, and a Class “A” fire rating under ASTM E-84, with a “smoke developed” index of 450 or less and a “flame spread” index of 25 or less.
C. Sizing: Standard size panels are 48-inches (121.92-cm-) wide x ___ inches high (specify panel height) panel section or as indicated on Drawings.
D. Color(s) of vinyl to be selected from manufactures standard stadium color card
E. Composite Testing: Manufacturer must warrant that a composite panel built with similar materials was tested and passes for ASTM standard 2440-04 Impact attenuation where the panel has achieved ratings below 1000 HIC and 200 g max.
F. Corner and Column Pads: Pre-Fabricated / Field Fabricated corner and column pads to be built with materials consistent with standard padding specifications as listed above. Except in areas where the substrate being attached to warrants an altered method.
G. Installation: Comply with manufacturers written instructions, Refer to Architects elevation drawings for panel placement. Mount panels no more than 4” above finished floor as recommended in in ASTM, unless otherwise directed. Install wall padding after painting and electrical have been completed use proper wall anchor hardware.
- Panels to be supplied with a no nail margins, and to be hung on concealed heavy duty Aluminum “Z” track, attached to the back of each panel with pre-inserted “StayPut” T-nuts supplied by the wall pad manufacturer.
- Final adjustment of panels to insure a smooth finished appearance
- Clean and remove any debris from the working area
- Spot clean panels as may be necessary
LEAD TIME: Our standard lead time for all non-stock items is 8-10 weeks. In-stock items ship within 3-7 business days. Please call 1-800-338-6287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the most up-to-date lead time, product availability, special requests or expedited shipping options.